Powered By Blogger

Monday, March 7, 2011

One word - SURREAL!

I can't believe I am almost done. I have 1 treatment left, tomorrow!!! It has taken a little longer to finish because I burned so quickly.  They stopped my "full" radiation treatments and did just my boost (to the surgical site only) for 5 days and let everything else rest for a week. When I went back to the doctor after I finished my boost treatments, I had not healed enough from under my arm so she kept me home from work for a week. When I went last Monday, she started me back on my radiation treatments, but because I am going to get back to where I was again she is keeping me home until after I finish my treatments to allow me time to heal before I go back to work (March 21st).  I will still be going to therapy for my Lymphatic treatment. Not sure how much longer that will be.  Ahh, the joys of cancer!

On a lighter note, I don't care if I have to have my arm tied to a rope and hanging from a tree, I am going to celebrate the end of my treatment. It will have been almost 10 months by the time I finish with the radiation.  I am going to have a Mardi Gras party to celebrate. Saturday, March 19th, 6pm is the big day. The party will be at my house, I hope you can join us, you are all invited.  It would have been so much harder to go through this without your support and prayers.  Since I am now allergic to Shell Fish, we will have brisket.

Life right now described as - SURREAL!

Hugs,
Yolanda

No comments: